Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sign of the Times

It's not a good thing, these times we're in.

I was in Hermosa Beach and my favorite punk rock, counter-culture store, Greeko's is literally half the size. All of the killer threads and kicks are gone, as well as the awesome pool table.

I did shots of The Dollyrots for one of their publicity campaigns here. Now it's a shitty smoke shop.

Half the stores are closed, including one where some smoking hot chick in a tiny skirt and bare feet wanted me to come in to hang out and to show me her bikini-area tattoo (presumably because she saw mine and wanted to share).

Another sign is when the online calendar for the Viper Room, usually just chock full of events for the month, is barely full. Not good at all.

This recession is definitely bad news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment away - articulate or really lame comments will always be posted.