Saturday, February 21, 2009

TV On The Radio on SNL

Here's a pretty coherent explanation as to why indie/pop powerhouse TV On The Radio sucked hard core on SNL...

...my explanation is easier: everything and everyone who is on or goes on the current iteration of SNL sucks or gets bitten by the suck-ass bug. Why this fossil of a show which is only funny when Timberlake does Dick In A Box is beyond me.

Matt Rosoff explains deftly about it being the sound guy. If you've worked in music as long as I have, you know it's always the sound guy's fault. They might have a point here: bring a laptop and you can replicate your finely crafted CD sound on the road, so know one ever has to learn that you really suck in real life.

Maybe they suffered another Ashlee problem?

I didn't see this performance. I'm not a fan of TV On The Radio - I think they're a talented jam band, but not really anything to blow up my skirt. They're amazing - just like everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment away - articulate or really lame comments will always be posted.